Adopted from Travel & Leisure Australia Magazine Issued Jan/Feb 2008 (A decadent and popular treat at Pipi Cafe)
250gram Unsalted butter, chopped
80ml (1/3 cup) Honey
60ml (1/4 cup) Pouring cream
50gr (1/2 cup) Cocoa
325gr Plain sweet Biscuit (Arrowroot), crushed coarsely
300gr (3 cups) Day old chocolate cake, crumbled
37gr Dark chocolate, chopped
125ml (1/2 cup) Cream
- Lightly greased & flour the site of a 30 x 15 cm baking dish then line with baking paper.
- Combine butter, honey, cream and cocoa in a small saucepan. Slowly bring mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally, over medium to low heat then cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until butter has melted. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Combine biscuits and cake in a large bowl. Add butter mixture then stir to combine well. Spoon mixture into baking dish then, using your hands firmly press mixture evenly over base of dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap then refrigerate until firm.
- For Topping: Combine chocolate and ream in a bowl and sit the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until chocolate has melted.
- Remove from heat and then whisk until mixture is smooth. Pour mixture over fudge in dish, smoothing surface evenly then cover and refrigerate until topping is firm.
- Using a large sharp knife, cut fudge into finger about 10 x 2cm. Serve with a dollop of cream and fresh strawberries!